1. At their discretion, a shop manager, officer, or TC Maker Board of Directors member may temporarily limit or revoke a member’s ability to use a specific piece of equipment or suspend a member’s access to their respective department or shop area, provided the following are met:
2. A limitation, suspension, or revocation of privileges shall not exceed 60 days of the member’s active membership
3. The Board reserves the right to adjust the length of or end the limitation, suspension, or revocation of privileges if the matter is deemed resolved before the period is completed
4. The suspending manager, officer, or Board member may shorten or end the limitation, suspension, or revocation of privileges if they deem the matter resolved before the period is completed
5. The manager, officer, or Board member must notify the Board of Directors of the limitation, suspension, or revocation and reason within 24 hours of occurrence.
6. The member may appeal this decision to the Board of Directors if they feel that the shop manager has acted arbitrarily or that the limitation, suspension, or revocation is not appropriate for the cause given by the manager. Deference will be given to the shop manager’s decision until the board has the opportunity to discuss the appeal within seven business days of the appeal being submitted to the Board of Directors.
7. This policy is not intended to and does not replace or limit the board’s ability to suspend or revoke an individual’s membership or ban them from the premises in accordance with Twin Cities Maker policy.
8. This policy does not give managers the right to enforce such restrictions, limitations, or revocations in a capricious manner; standards for what constitutes rules violations or tool misuse must be applied in a just, fair, and even way. If it is found that a manager is not using this power in accordance with this standard or within the principles of the organization the Board of Directors reserves the right to remove this power from individual managers or remove individual managers all together for abuse of this power.